Thursday 13 October 2011

Masha Gubar (Limkis)

Limkis has a unique style that feels more like painting than vector illustration. Her technique pushes the boundries of Adobe Illustrator by using brushes and transparencies in ways that emulate water colour and acrylic works.

Here are a few words from the artist:  
“My art, my work is everything to me.
I like to think through the eyes of art, to plunge into color combinations.
I believe if a person isn’t developing, he’s slipping. It’s not enough just to keep at a high level, one needs to develop constantly, to work hard. That’s why there’s nothing better than a challenging work, which makes you exceed yourself.
Everything is for the better. Everything that happens to a person is for the better. I think the world likes us, but it doesn’t spoil us. It trains a person and polishes his character.
In short: a romantic person with somewhat philosophical views. Optimist.Actually, that’s all I can say about myself.I would like to avoid either praising myself, or criticizing.
I do commissions – various design works and illustrations, and I accept commissions though the Internet.”

She grew up in Engels and at the age of 13, she entered the Saratov Art School, founded by Bogolyubov. She finished her studies after some terms abroad in Switzerland and got her diploma in Saratov. Her mother is a well-known Russian painter and so has supported her as good as she could. It was also in Switzerland that she got familiar with computer graphics in 2003. From the very beginning she has only been using illustrator, and has never really concidered working with a different program.
I love Limkis' artwork because of the colours and textures. She has unquestionable talent for what she does. The combination of vivid color, composition, and content, create powerful and imaginative works of art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment